You are here
Rick Steves France (Paperback)
Contact us to check availability or search our used and rare book site at www.findbooks.com
Wander the lavender fields of Provence, climb the steps of the Eiffel Tower, and bite into a perfect croissant: France is yours to discover with the most up-to-date 2021 guide from Rick Steves! Inside Rick Steves France you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for planning a multi-week trip to France
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the Louvre and the Palace of Versailles to neighborhood cafés and delicate macarons
- How to connect with local culture: Stroll through open-air markets in Paris, bike through rustic villages, and taste wines in Burgundy and Bordeaux
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a glass of vin rouge
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and incredible museums
- Vital trip-planning tools, like how to link destinations, build your itinerary, and get from place to place
- Detailed maps, including a fold-out map for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, French phrase book, historical overview, and recommended reading
- Updated to reflect changes that occurred during the Covid-19 pandemic up to the date of publication
- Over 1,000 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Coverage of Paris, Chartres, Normandy, Mont St-Michel, Brittany, The Loire, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, The French Riviera, Nice, Monaco, The French Alps, Burgundy, Lyon, Alsace, Reims, Verdun, and much more
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle). When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie. Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook. Connect with Rick:
instagram: ricksteveseurope Steve Smith manages tour guides for Rick Steves' Europe tour program and has been researching guidebooks with Rick for over two decades. Fluent in French, he's lived in France on several occasions, starting when he was seven. Steve owns a restored farmhouse in rural Burgundy where he hangs his beret in research season. Steve's wife, Karen Lewis Smith (who is an expert on French cuisine and wine) provides invaluable contributions to his books.
NOW is the time to place your holiday gift orders! To ensure your order reaches before the holidays, we are recommending you place your December orders as soon as possible.
We cannot guarantee any orders for books placed after December 13th will reach you before Christmas.
The sooner we receive your orders, the more chance we have of them arriving before the holidays!